The Bread Baker's Pocket Companion (preorder, again)
First printing is sold out! Preorders will begin shipping around 12/1.
At long last, The Bread Baker's Pocket Companion is here. It is a portable, pocket version of the conversion tables, formulas, and recipes I use most often when developing recipes and baking bread, along with loads of other intel useful for bread baking. It's beautifully, whimsically illustrated and designed by artist, baker, and author Johanna Kindvall. 5x7 inches, 32 pages, offset printed on 100% recycled papers sourced from American mills, by Scout Books in Portland, Oregon.
- weight-to-volume and other conversions for 100s of common baking ingredients
- flour protein-content conversion formula using vital wheat gluten
- a simplified desired dough temperature (DDT) formula
- baker’s math 101
- sourdough starter care & feeding
- folding dough 101
- preshaping & shaping loaves 101
- scoring loaves 101
- and more!
The booklets are in stock and are shipping now. (If we sell out, not to worry, more are on order and should be on hand by the end of November.)